Compressor cost

Hateful McNasty

HAM Points
Country flag
I'm no pcp guy at all and mostly due the the support cost like a compressor .

Still I like to look and follow any thing to be kinda caught up.

So lately I seem to notice the box type compressor have just about become sub $200 items witch I guess the s a good thing making a budget pcp gun and a means to fill it easy more affordable .

I assume gx to do a decent brand and this one. Is $209.

GX PUMP CS1-I PCP Air Compressor, 12V 220V 4500psi 300bar 30mpa PCP Co

I see lesser (??) brands like vevors hovering at $160+/- mark .

Almost makes a hand pump over 50$ look bad.

i have a buddy thats been using one o those for the last year i dont know anything about it but he likes it?
I guess I look at it like the rest . You ether get a good one or you don't .

Maybe kinda like scoping a springer ..lol

Ya, all them nice pcp guns I'd like to use bit then I come to this part of pcp and just a deal killer .. it's a shame .

I was at AGS a few days back and dude had the Hill compressor on the bench, when I picked up my ghost. Nice to see it in person, very compact unit but unreal it's 2k. 😥 He literally told me for the price you can and should just get 6-8 cheapos. I'm not so sure I want to go through that many units. The ghost however likes it high pressure air compared to the S510! 😒

Last edited:
I was at AGS a few days back and dude had the Hill compressor on the bench, when I picked up my ghost. Nice to see it in person, very compact unit but unreal it's 2k. 😥 He literally told me for the price you can and should just get 6-8 cheapos. I'm not so sure I want to go through that many units. The ghost however likes it high pressure air compared to the S510! 😒
They got the gxcs2 that says 4500/32 bar ( then says 30 bar???) for like $250 . And I guess there's the gx 10% off too boot .. not so bad I guess vs $1500 types ..lol

Thing is no easy parts to get from or for them to keep your investment up.. like you said . It goes bad just buy another . Each time could of bought a non pcp gun that shoots without needing support to shoot a pellet all day long for maybe years .. maybe a 20$ spring or seal time to time.. maybe..

Pcp . Nothing but a gimmick

They got the gxcs2 that says 4500/32 bar ( then says 30 bar???) for like $250 . And I guess there's the gx 10% off too boot .. not so bad I guess vs $1500 types ..lol

Thing is no easy parts to get from or for them to keep your investment up.. like you said . It goes bad just buy another . Each time could of bought a non pcp gun that shoots without needing support to shoot a pellet all day long for maybe years .. maybe a 20$ spring or seal time to time.. maybe..

Pcp . Nothing but a gimmick
I have the gxcs2 compressor. Have had it 4 years now. It has paid for itself in my estimation.

See, I disagree with the guy that told you that you should buy 6-8 cheapos. I’m on your side about not wanting to go through that many units. I bought a Daystate compressor about seven years ago and the only thing I have done to it is change the oil in it on a regular basis. If I was going the cheapo route, I have to worry about one dying at an inopportune time and then the aggravation of not having air when I need it.

LoL.. kinda like this scope works great on a springer I've got 2000 shots and it ain't broke ....lol. ya, ok wow..

Ya . No convincing me pcp is cost effective and honestly does much better . Maybe in a area or 2 but ...lol.

As I said it's ashame cause there's plenty of guns I like but ..... No . I'll just turn the gun deal down ..

Well no m not a collector or care to hold several guns .. if a guy was then the worth it factor is stronger .. then like that hill soren has or maybe that Allen you have + there able to fill something larger then 1 liter . If there capable of filling a 80cf scuba tank too boot then ya I could see them at 1500$ heck a maxair is probly more these days..

A one gun guy even to me 250-300$ just ain't worth it . Unserviceable china no easy upkerp parts . Ya looking for a let down . Imho..

Well I tried again to convince myself with a fair pcp gun deal popped up. Bit I guess I'll pass anain

Brother my Hill handpump is worth more than some compressors😅😓....well hopefully not actually! I plain and simply want quality (dryish) air for my 2 pcps and I don't see any "value" in buying cheap compressors for 3 or 4 hondo and they die hard 1 day after warranty is up. If it lasted 3 or 4 years I could live with that.....I too would rather shell out ONCE for a hill or something similar that can fill a 480cc to a 3 liter bottle without struggle and just needs a service or the odd o-ring. Maybe some day...

Brother my Hill handpump is worth more than some compressors😅😓....well hopefully not actually! I plain and simply want quality (dryish) air for my 2 pcps and I don't see any "value" in buying cheap compressors for 3 or 4 hondo and they die hard 1 day after warranty is up. If it lasted 3 or 4 years I could live with that.....I too would rather shell out ONCE for a hill or something similar that can fill a 480cc to a 3 liter bottle without struggle and just needs a service or the odd o-ring. Maybe some day...

The Hill EC-3000 will top off up to 7 L bottles no problem - I have a 6.8 L carbon bottle (y) :)

I told the wife no more more pcps for me now that I have the Ghost and I meant it... However a nice compressor some day is very tempting! We have the reg Hill available here no evo yet, man it's a nice little compact capable looking unit. I'll bet I can rebuild my hand pump 50 times before it's junk. I'm sure their compressors last along time as well.
The Hill EC-3000 will top off up to 7 L bottles no problem - I have a 6.8 L carbon bottle (y) :)
Ouuu even better! Soren how you liking your MTC scopes? I am returning my king cobra, Terrible scope for the money. My 2 Hawkes are half the cost and beat the crap outta the MTC, sad.

Ouuu even better! Soren how you liking your MTC scopes? I am returning my king cobra, Terrible scope for the money. My 2 Hawkes are half the cost and beat the crap outta the MTC, sad.
i was shhoting my .30 cal today it has a Hawke and i will once again say that i will be so very very glad when i can get it off that gun and get another Athlon.
its like look through the bottom of a very dirty pop bottle compared to the Athlon scopes.

So lately I seem to notice the box type compressor have just about become sub $200 items witch I guess the s a good thing making a budget pcp gun and a means to fill it easy more affordable .

It's a GX and has auto stop. So it's a winner! Good find HM.

You know you want to come to the dark side we have cake.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back