Ghost BRK Ghost Review

The .22 MRDs were shot for a couple of Ultimate Field Target matches last winter season. At targets out to 100 yards, the .177 isn't an option.

Generally, yes the .22 MRD is JSBs worst offering, when consistency and accuracy are the metric. But for some unknown reason, they shot fairly well out of that BRK barrel. THAT barrel was the best experience I've had from .22 MRDs, and that's across probably 40ish barrels, across various manufacturers and from various guns.

With the .177 and .20 projectiles listed above, they've all been shot straight out of the tin. The closest to a perfect score using the Ghost in a field target match was with the .177/10.34, and it was a 47/48. And I had quite a few matches with scores like 58/60 from the .20/13.73 out of the Ghost, also straight from the tin.

Generally speaking, sorting high quality pellets like JSB is not something that I've found to be worth my time. The .22 MRDs are their outlier-And even sorting won't eliminate subpar accuracy from them.
I have never pellet sorted myself but would if I was in competitions for sure. I have no big complaints about the Mrds out of my Ghost as a hunter overall very good. But I can pull my S510 with 18.1gr JSBs or the TX with 8.44s at their zeroed distances and usually beat the Ghost shooting MRDS on paper 4 out of 5 times. Everything else out of it so far is not great (to light usually and moving too fast) I must spend some quality time with the chrono and some heavier pellets for sure with it soon!

I have never pellet sorted myself but would if I was in competitions for sure. I have no big complaints about the Mrds out of my Ghost as a hunter overall very good. But I can pull my S510 with 18.1gr JSBs or the TX with 8.44s at their zeroed distances and usually beat the Ghost shooting MRDS on paper 4 out of 5 times. Everything else out of it so far is not great (to light usually and moving too fast) I must spend some quality time with the chrono and some heavier pellets for sure with it soon!

Seems the Ghost HPs in .22 come set up too hot for 18.13s.

Last edited:
...indeed...

...according to a Garmin XERO C1 Pro, mine is shooting them @ 985 FPS at the lowest setting on the power adjusting wheel...

...the regulator looks to be set around 110...

...I had asked the guys at AoA to set it up for those pellets because I have so many...they said it was shooting them @ 960 FPS...

...I had told them I wanted tuned to have as much power as I could get w/o harming accuracy...

...whatever the velocity is, they got it to shoot a tiny group with 18.13 JSB's...

...they sent me a softer spring in case I want to detune it further...

...indeed...

...according to a Garmin XERO C1 Pro, mine is shooting them @ 985 FPS at the lowest setting on the power adjusting wheel...

...the regulator looks to be set around 110...

...I had asked the guys at AoA to set it up for those pellets because I have so many...they said it was shooting them @ 960 FPS...

...I had told them I wanted tuned to have as much power as I could get w/o harming accuracy...

...whatever the velocity is, they got it to shoot a tiny group with 18.13 JSB's...

...they sent me a softer spring in case I want to detune it further...
That is still pretty fast for an 18gr pellet, but if it's accurate hey why not! As shipped my HP was sending them @ 1040fps H.W. on minimum, reg @ 165. Accuracy was ok but not consistent like an 18gr usually is. 3 would smash the bullseye, two would go left an inch, 3 up high, so no go on factory settings! A softer spring isn't a bad idea, if u swap it let us know results! 👍

That is still pretty fast for an 18gr pellet, but if it's accurate hey why not! As shipped my HP was sending them @ 1040fps H.W. on minimum, reg @ 165. Accuracy was ok but not consistent like an 18gr usually is. 3 would smash the bullseye, two would go left an inch, 3 up high, so no go on factory settings! A softer spring isn't a bad idea, if u swap it let us know results! 👍
It seems with the hp guns if you go 1 lighter on spring you can get the shorter barrels power level without changing much else

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back