Affordable Airguns That Didn’t Disappoint

PasadenaMike

Pasadena, CA
HAM Points
Country flag
Last edited:
It might seem like I’m always opinionated about my personal experiences with inexpensive Airguns but I’ve had my share of really good affordable Airguns which I’ve owned and probably should’ve kept. I must give praise to these guns in which I still own a couple of.
1. Gauntlet 1- all she needed was a trigger adjustment and had to reposition the gauge on the tank. That was it. If “tinkering” takes a minute I’ll do it
2. Benjamin Break Barrel with the gas ram- this was a big 5 special and it just needed a longer screw on the trigger. Shot well for $100
3. Avenger Bullpup- no complaints shot as is
4.Avenge x- no complaints shot as is
5.13xx Crosmans- all have been awesome from bone stock to modified
6.Gamo Arrow- awesome out of the box
7.Gamo Urban- just installed longer trigger screw and removed the barrel band. Nothing else was needed she just shot great
8. Notos- just trigger adjustment needed. I sold my first one I regretted selling so I just bought another one
9.Prod- not a dang thing was needed again. Sold my first one regretted selling so I bought another one.
10. Flash, not the pup- I’ve owned the flash and the pup. The flash was “ok” for field use I’ve owned the .22 and .25. Gritty and unrefined yes but shot well. The pup (both) had binding trigger issues.
11. Beeman under lever - didn’t need anything had a heavy but predictable trigger
12. Beeman p17- wow this was a fun gun didn’t need anything
13.pp700 out of box awesome
14.pp750 just awesome
15. Diana Bandit .177 as is it was great

See? I’ll give credit where it’s due

I still own a prod, Notos , 13xx and the Avenge x.

But give credit to yourself too! You modded that Urban. Like a lot of people, you removed the barrel band, because it was giving you problems. Many people would have just sent it back and said, "JUNK!" but it isn't, and you didn't do that, and that was my point in the other thread. Good for you.

But give credit to yourself too! You modded that Urban. Like a lot of people, you removed the barrel band, because it was giving you problems. Many people would have just sent it back and said, "JUNK!" but it isn't, and you didn't do that, and that was my point in the other thread. Good for you.
I tinker if it takes 5 minutes:)

Slavia 630. Sights were terrible and could not get straight, ran out of adjustment.... cheap scope and I was in business. Was $150 15 or so years ago and has only gone up in value. I stripped her down and am rebuilding currently. But to be honest it was still very consistent over the chrony, just getting buzzzzyy and too weak compared to my other FAC air rifles. It will still be sub 12 when I am done with it though.

I'm not very finicky....from the Crosman V350 that I got for my 13th birthday to the Notos that arrived a couple weeks ago after my 74th b-day, I've enjoyed and not been disappointed by any of them. There have been break barrel, multi pump, gas rams and single stroke pneumatics in between and I've enjoyed them all. May be because I still haven't purchased an actual expensive airgun yet.

I'm not very finicky....from the Crosman V350 that I got for my 13th birthday to the Notos that arrived a couple weeks ago after my 74th b-day, I've enjoyed and not been disappointed by any of them. There have been break barrel, multi pump, gas rams and single stroke pneumatics in between and I've enjoyed them all. May be because I still haven't purchased an actual expensive airgun yet.
If you are happy and satisfied with these guns then there is really no need to buy expensive unless you really want to . Thats my opinion

It might seem like I’m always opinionated about my personal experiences with inexpensive Airguns but I’ve had my share of really good affordable Airguns which I’ve owned and probably should’ve kept. I must give praise to these guns in which I still own a couple of.
1. Gauntlet 1- all she needed was a trigger adjustment and had to reposition the gauge on the tank. That was it. If “tinkering” takes a minute I’ll do it
2. Benjamin Break Barrel with the gas ram- this was a big 5 special and it just needed a longer screw on the trigger. Shot well for $100
3. Avenger Bullpup- no complaints shot as is
4.Avenge x- no complaints shot as is
5.13xx Crosmans- all have been awesome from bone stock to modified
6.Gamo Arrow- awesome out of the box
7.Gamo Urban- just installed longer trigger screw and removed the barrel band. Nothing else was needed she just shot great
8. Notos- just trigger adjustment needed. I sold my first one I regretted selling so I just bought another one
9.Prod- not a dang thing was needed again. Sold my first one regretted selling so I bought another one.
10. Flash, not the pup- I’ve owned the flash and the pup. The flash was “ok” for field use I’ve owned the .22 and .25. Gritty and unrefined yes but shot well. The pup (both) had binding trigger issues.
11. Beeman under lever - didn’t need anything had a heavy but predictable trigger
12. Beeman p17- wow this was a fun gun didn’t need anything
13.pp700 out of box awesome
14.pp750 just awesome
15. Diana Bandit .177 as is it was great

See? I’ll give credit where it’s due

I still own a prod, Notos , 13xx and the Avenge x.
My Diana 34 and AA200. Both fantastic!

My Diana 34 and AA200. Both fantastic!
the worst gun i ever had in my hands was my Diana.
i gues some folk are not ooking for the tighter groups i expect.
it will most likely Neve get shot again i would feel bad about passing it on.
like buying junk chinese tools, i told my cousin after his harbor frieght hammer head broke in half, toss that junk in the pond and get some good tools.

the worst gun i ever had in my hands was my Diana.
i gues some folk are not ooking for the tighter groups i expect.
it will most likely Neve get shot again i would feel bad about passing it on.
like buying junk chinese tools, i told my cousin after his harbor frieght hammer head broke in half, toss that junk in the pond and get some good tools.
If it was anything like the Diana 350 magnums they are decent but just shake themselves loose overtime. Being magnums they also need barrel cleaned more often to maintain accuracy, was yours a high power model pan60? My brother just put a vortek tune kit in and loves it. Calmed it down a bit!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back