Introductions A Big Hello From The UK

Phrasemaker

East Coast UK
HAM Points
Country flag
Firstly a big thanks to the forum for creating my login. Hi all, I am recently retired, a bit early fortunately and have been using a variety of air guns and other types from a very early age. I got into PCP rifles a short while after they initially became available to enthusiasts. I'm in my 60's and still mobile and able to rough shoot, FT and have recently been invited to join a local group of enthusiasts who have set up a bench rest target range which has been a whole new experience for me as I'm more used to the challenges of wandering all types of terrain and having to create my shot opportunities and calculate my aim point based upon the experience of using my rifle and scope. And then having to take the shot mostly standing or on the ground. I am currently shooting with Daystate rifles and have done for many years aside from a few other options I've explored out of interest. I like the mechanics of the rifles and have worked in engineering for good number of years which also involved a lot of problem solving. I find that my work history lends itself well to my enjoyment of air guns as there can often be a few problems to figure either with the equipment or related to use. I'm looking forward to gaining some insight from the experiences of other members and generally interacting with other members through this mutual passion for air rifles/pistols and associated hardware.

All the best

T

Firstly a big thanks to the forum for creating my login. Hi all, I am recently retired, a bit early fortunately and have been using a variety of air guns and other types from a very early age. I got into PCP rifles a short while after they initially became available to enthusiasts. I'm in my 60's and still mobile and able to rough shoot, FT and have recently been invited to join a local group of enthusiasts who have set up a bench rest target range which has been a whole new experience for me as I'm more used to the challenges of wandering all types of terrain and having to create my shot opportunities and calculate my aim point based upon the experience of using my rifle and scope. And then having to take the shot mostly standing or on the ground. I am currently shooting with Daystate rifles and have done for many years aside from a few other options I've explored out of interest. I like the mechanics of the rifles and have worked in engineering for good number of years which also involved a lot of problem solving. I find that my work history lends itself well to my enjoyment of air guns as there can often be a few problems to figure either with the equipment or related to use. I'm looking forward to gaining some insight from the experiences of other members and generally interacting with other members through this mutual passion for air rifles/pistols and associated hardware.

All the best

T
Being in the UK are you shooting Sub12 only or do you also have your FAC/PAL as well? Welcome!

Being in the UK are you shooting Sub12 only or do you also have your FAC/PAL as well? Welcome!
Hi, yes it's sub 12 and my rifles are 1.77 calibre. Too many hoops for FAC here to make it worth the effort for what I use my rifles for. They do fine if need to use them for pest control and most of the accessible ranges are all sub 12. Thank you for the welcome. :cool:

All the best

T
Hi and welcome to the biggest collection of airgun addicts around! Great to have you here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back