Ghost .25cal Ghost tuning question

Yip my sweet spot on my Ghost is HW setting #15. My reg also came set at 165bar. That is quite a spread on the .25 caliber wow! My .22 is about an even 100fps change on the wheel, regardless of grain size. You can tune it by ear to, as you approach the speed of sound (anything past 1000fps she starts making the pellets whistle a bit. The Mrds absolutely love high speeds, I send em 975fps on 15. Max setting is completely wasteful and accuracy will suffer as well. On min it is a very quiet gun, and sips air. Goals are to find a 19-23 gr pellet that is decent accuracy for min setting and use that for plinking/close range pesting. Zero need for a silencer on the 👻, my S510 is a much louder gun, and I keep her around 880fps. Enjoy the gun and welcome 2 Ham! Keep us posted🙏

My ghost 25 is set to 140 bar and shoots 33.9 jsb to 930 on pw 6or 8 i forget just now. That shoots pretty close to constant moa@ 100. I think the gun works best between 130-150 bar unless you go to heavier hammer spring

I had a bit of time yesterday and got out with the weather being a balmy 8C and the wind blowing between 30-40kph. I wasn't set up on a bench so I didn't really shoot for groups. I was looking more for velocity data. Starting on a 250 bar fill with the reg set to about 160 bar, Min was 809fps (33gr JSBs), #5 was 878fps, #10 was 930fps, #15 was 938fps and Max was 945fps. 10 shots on Min and 5 shots per setting there after for a total of 30 pellets and I used about 50 bar of air. I can't wait for some warmer weather, some time off and hopefully a calm day.

That rail is looking fantastic and really snug to the bottle, Like that alot! I have been eying up the ST pic rail, only about 6 inches long though I think. Not to change topic here but If anyone knows....can you decock the ghost? My AA (Pcp and springer) can be decocked but unsure about the 👻. To get the empty magazine out you obviously have to cock it... Thanks!

That rail is looking fantastic and really snug to the bottle, Like that alot! I have been eying up the ST pic rail, only about 6 inches long though I think. Not to change topic here but If anyone knows....can you decock the ghost? My AA (Pcp and springer) can be decocked but unsure about the 👻. To get the empty magazine out you obviously have to cock it... Thanks!
Pull the trigger while holding the bolt and let the bolt close gun will not be cocked

Pull the trigger while holding the bolt and let the bolt close gun will not be cocked

As @Solo1 says, de cocking is 100% doable. Caveat is that if you're using the magazine, cocking it again to shoot it will result in a sweet little double feed, a two-fer-one shot if you will. And it won't be a two-birds-with-one-stone (er pellet) situation. Ie neither will go where you want it to.

Ah thanks guys, I figured it should work but don't recal hearing it mentioned, not in manual either, didn't want to wreck things! Mostly for when the mag is empty and I'm done shooting it. Double loaded my S510 once, both hit paper 40 yards away still! 😯One very low left one very low right. It was first shots on fresh paper and I immediately realized what happened. 🤦‍♂️

Went and did a little shooting today to try out the rail and get more of an idea for velocities. First thing I noticed is that the supplied M-lock picatiny rail that BRK provides is junk. I have an Atlas bipod and I could not get it to clamp. The machined spaces are not wide enough. I had to use a UTG quick release mount on the provided M-lock rail and then clamp my bipod onto that. Shame on BRK for cheaping out on that rail. It was very windy so my groups suffered accuracy wise, but I was still okay with how it did. One thing I noticed on Max hammer spring setting was that the velocity dropped from setting #15 by a few FPS. From the small test I did today, 930-940fps seems to be where it likes to shoot. 880fps on Min was also very good. Has anyone noticed a difference in accuracy with a fresh 250 bar fill? Maybe it was the wind, but the first 5 shot group after topping up the tank seemed a little off.

Went and did a little shooting today to try out the rail and get more of an idea for velocities. First thing I noticed is that the supplied M-lock picatiny rail that BRK provides is junk. I have an Atlas bipod and I could not get it to clamp. The machined spaces are not wide enough. I had to use a UTG quick release mount on the provided M-lock rail and then clamp my bipod onto that. Shame on BRK for cheaping out on that rail. It was very windy so my groups suffered accuracy wise, but I was still okay with how it did. One thing I noticed on Max hammer spring setting was that the velocity dropped from setting #15 by a few FPS. From the small test I did today, 930-940fps seems to be where it likes to shoot. 880fps on Min was also very good. Has anyone noticed a difference in accuracy with a fresh 250 bar fill? Maybe it was the wind, but the first 5 shot group after topping up the tank seemed a little off.
Oh oh I plan to get an atlas bipod next as well! That was a pic style bipod hookup on your atlas then? Hmmm that's a bummer.... seems odd wonder if anyone else has that issue?! I find my ghost is pretty accurate right outta the case, Got a squirrel today with mine, 35 Yards. only shot I took all week with it I think.

Wait....or do you mean the rail that you just bought for your ghost has issues mounting the atlas bipod!?

Wait....or do you mean the rail that you just bought for your ghost has issues mounting the atlas bipod!?
In the pic I posted with my parts there is a small bag in the upper right hand corner that has an M-lock adapter rail. It is junk. I need to buy one that is 1913 compatible.

My ghost 25 is set to 140 bar and shoots 33.9 jsb to 930 on pw 6or 8 i forget just now. That shoots pretty close to constant moa@ 100. I think the gun works best between 130-150 bar unless you go to heavier hammer spring
Solo1, how are you getting 930 FPS?
I dropped my reg to 140 bar and on MIN I got 855 FPS and the speed stopped going up around setting #9 (890 FPS). That's only a 35 FPS spread at 140 on the reg vs 175 FPS (778-953) at 160 on the reg. This is all with JSB 33.95g pellets.

I am also noticing group size differences from shots 1-5 and 6-10 out of the magazine. The 5th group from the left I tried just loading 5 shots into the mag (I only rotated the mag 5 spots) and it produced similar results to the 1st 5 shot groups. This is at 55 yards setting #6 reg at 140 bar JSB 33.95g averaging 886 FPS:

IMG_4352 2.jpg

Has anyone else seen similar results with mags?

Solo1, how are you getting 930 FPS?
I dropped my reg to 140 bar and on MIN I got 855 FPS and the speed stopped going up around setting #9 (890 FPS). That's only a 35 FPS spread at 140 on the reg vs 175 FPS (778-953) at 160 on the reg. This is all with JSB 33.95g pellets.

I am also noticing group size differences from shots 1-5 and 6-10 out of the magazine. The 5th group from the left I tried just loading 5 shots into the mag (I only rotated the mag 5 spots) and it produced similar results to the 1st 5 shot groups. This is at 55 yards setting #6 reg at 140 bar JSB 33.95g averaging 886 FPS:

View attachment 5695

Has anyone else seen similar results with mags?
Interesting observation. I will have to get a single shot loader and see if there's a difference on mine. When I get the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create FREE account

Create a FREE account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back